Glass Gone Wow Now Selling CBD Oil in Pittsburgh, Ohio & West Virginia
The medicinal benefits of marijuana have been talked about for years. However, being “stoned” isn’t an option for everyone. Neither is breaking the law.
Enter Cannabidiol. More commonly referred to as CBD. This naturally occurring cannabinoid is the cannabis plant’s second most abundant compound. CBD has long been overshadowed by THC – the plant’s primary active ingredient responsible for the “high” marijuana users experience.
Unlike THC, CBD is non-psychoactive. For the last few decades, most strains of marijuana have contained less than 1% of CBD. Cannabidiols were practically being bred out of the plant in favor of high levels of THC for recreational use.
We’ve since learned that CBD-rich strains have the same holistic properties of medicinal marijuana without the mind altering effects. Oils are now being produced from CBD-rich parts of the plant with barely measurable trace amounts of THC. Users of this CBD oil report less physical pain or discomfort and reduced anxiety or depression. This sense of relief and calming is achieved with no uncomfortable euphoria or paranoia.
Even better, CBD is perfectly legal in all 50 states. The FDA views hemp oil as a dietary supplement, not a medication or an illegal drug. It can be safely consumed by both children and adults. This has led to CBD oil’s inclusion in everything from food and beverages to body lotions, and e-juice for vaping.
Glass Gone Wow is pleased to carry CBD oil at our Pittsburgh, Ohio, and West Virginia retail locations.
Who Can Potentially Benefit from CBD Oil?
First and foremost, it should be stated that CBD oil isn’t a miracle cure for any disease. Its benefits have yet to be studied extensively on humans. That said, it shows promise as part of a nutritional regimen to alleviate symptoms associated with various conditions. Some of the benefits reported by CBD or hemp oil users include:
- Suppressed seizures and seizure activity; particularly in children. CNN’s Sanjay Gupta covered the story of Charlotte Fig – a young child suffering from 300 grand mal seizures per week. Her cognitive decline worsened until her parents found relief with the use of a CBD oils without the dangerous side effects of her prescribed medication.
- Reduced nausea and vomiting related to chemotherapy or pharmacological cancer treatments and gastrointestinal disease. Studies suggest a unique monoamine neurotransmitter known as 5-HT1A (5-hydroxytryptamine-1A) is indirectly activated by CBD. This activation can significantly reduce any nausea sensation and subsequent vomiting reflex.
- The anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties of CBDs seem to be highly effective for treating chronic pain and inflammation. This is beneficial to patients with various types of arthritis, muscle or joint injuries, and inflammatory conditions. Inflammation is the culprit behind everything from Alzheimer’s, multiple sclerosis complications, and heart disease to Crohn’s disease, colitis, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), diverticulitis, fibromyalgia, and systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).
- Memory-rescuing and neuroprotective properties of CBD may benefit those with neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and Huntington’s disease. Studies suggest CBD could prevent excess iron from building up in the brain.
- A significant reduction in symptoms of anxiety and depression. Studies suggest CBD oil may benefit those with social anxiety disorder and possess antidepressant-like properties. In fact, CBDs can even counteract THC’s effects – minimizing the anxiety and paranoia sometimes experienced with recreational use. This may also benefit medicinal marijuana users that still need a THC-rich strain for something like appetite enhancement. CBD oil can be added to offset unwanted side effects.
More Studies Underway on Cannabidiol Benefits
The potentially vast benefits of CBD and hemp oil are still being researched. Studies are underway to look into CBD for PTSD, CBD for diabetes, CBD for cancer, and CBD for multiple sclerosis. The pros of CBD oil look to be multifaceted with little to no reported risks or side effects.
Your One Stop Shop for Holistic CBD Oil Products in Pittsburgh, Ohio & West Virginia
We encourage you to click through the resource links we’ve provided to determine if CBD or hemp oil is right for you. You are also encouraged to consult with your physician if you’re being treated for any of the aforementioned conditions. Only your doctor can tell you for sure if cannabidiol supplementation fits with your prescribed medication and treatment regimen.
Glass Gone Wow strives to be the region’s go-to retail store for CBD oil products. Please stop by any of our Pittsburgh, Ohio, or West Virginia stores today to view our extensive selection. We look forward to helping you.